Heritage Malta has collaborated with the Malta Tourism Authority to release an updated version of the MTA’s successful iPhone App Malta Culture Guide, the official guide to the cultural highlights of Malta. This application will be available in four languages; English, Italian, French, and German.
The success of the MTA’s Malta Culture Guide App, with more than 26,000 downloads, has encouraged the Malta Tourism Authority to further develop the application and enrich it with a special focus on Caravaggio and Mattia Preti, two great Italian artists of the 17th century who lived and worked in Malta.
This year marks the 400th anniversary from Mattia Preti’s birth which will be commemorated in both Malta and Taverna in Italy, Preti’s birth place. The Malta Culture Guide application represents an ideal way of discovering the picturesque towns and villages of Malta and Gozo where Caravaggio and Mattia Preti left their mark. Often overlooked by tourists, these villages offer beautiful baroque churches, unique architectural and natural attractions and a relaxed atmosphere which brings you back in time.
“Our App helps independent travellers to make the most of their time in Malta” commented Dominic Micallef, Segment Head History & Culture of MTA. He added “The Malta Culture Guide contributes to the fast growing reputation of Malta as a key cultural destination in the Mediterranean, thanks to its unique and varied cultural heritage.”
Key features of the Malta Culture Guide 2.0 include:
– 46 Cultural highlights in Malta and Gozo, with extensive descriptions, images and practical info.
– Complete itineraries on Caravaggio and Mattia Preti, with 23 locations connected to the two Artists.
– High-quality zoom able pictures of paintings and churches.
– Videos and podcasts to delve into Maltese cultural heritage.
– A detailed map of all the locations, viewable offline without roaming costs.
For information and to download the application visit www.maltacultureguide.com